Wednesday, August 29, 2012

NYIGF recap

Shannah and I split up last week (don't freak, it was only for the week).  She went to Las Vegas for the POOL trade show and I went to NYC for the New York International Gift Fair.  I love New York in August.  I actually got a glimpse of fall weather (it felt great).  My sister-in-law, Emily, lives in the city so not only do we get to spend quality time together when I am there but she was a huge help with the show since I was by myself.  The week was a huge success and I am could not be more excited about all the amazing stores we picked up.  Here is a picture recap of my week.... 


Our Booth!

Emily helped me set up on Saturday (this picture was taken Saturday).  It only took 5 1/2 hours.  She helped me take orders Sunday (i was very appreciative).

Oh yeah did I mention I am 7 months pregnant.  Luckily, it hasn't seem to slow me down.

This was my commute to Javits every morning from the lower east side.  A short walk, subway, switch subway and a bus ride.  It only sucked the last day when I forgot the keys to lock the crate at Emily's apartment.  It took 2 1/2 hours to go back to the apartment, back to Javits and back to the apartment.  Its not like Dallas where I can just hop in my car.  

Christine (our amazing intern from last year) came to visit on Monday.  (love and miss her!)

To top off my amazing week, Emily and I went to Le Comptoir, a french restaurant in Brooklyn.  This is one of the top five best restaurants I have ever been to (getting hungry writing about it).   











No comments: